20080307

The Gayest Song. Ever.

This list is funny, yet very true. In honor of Sydney's Gay/Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade, an Australian website compiled a list of the " Gayest Songs of All-Time". The list goes to 50.

The Top 25:
25. Barry Manilow “Copacabana”
24. Barbara Streisand and Donna Summer “No More Tears”
23. Whitney Houston “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)”
22. Sister Sledge “We Are Family”
21. Queen “I Want To Break Free”
20. Dolly Parton "9 to 5"
19. Coming Out Crew "Free, Gay And Happy"
18. Village People "In The Navy"
17. Frankie Goes To Hollywood "Relax"
16. Village People "Macho Man"
15. Judy Garland "Over The Rainbow"
14. Bronski Beat "Smalltown Boy"
13. Diana Ross "I'm Coming Out"
12. Cher "Believe"
11. Gloria Gaynor "I Am What I Am"
10. Alicia Bridges "I Love The Nightlife"
09. Madonna "Vogue"
08. Olivia Netwon-John "Xanadu"
07. Kylie Minogue "Better The Devil You Know"
06. Pet Shop Boys "Go West"
05. Kylie Minogue "Your Disco Needs You"
04. The Weathergirls "It's Raining Men"
03. Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive"
02. Village People "YMCA"
01. ABBA "Dancing Queen"

My list would include:
GAYRILLA BISCUITS Hung Queens Can Suck It EP
HEATMISER esp. tracks w. Elliot Smith + Neil Gust
the entire PANSY DIVISION catalog
The SMITHS "Reel Around the Fountain"
the entire SUFJAN STEVENS catalog (oops, that's goes on the lame list)
TURBONEGRO "Midnight NAMBLA",
"Rendezvous w. Anus" and "Rock Against Ass"